GPU was acquired by FirstEnergy on November 07, 2001.
Join Mergr to view all 8 acquisitions of utilities companies in 2001, including 1 acquisition by private equity firms, and 7 by strategics.
Out of 60 sectors in the Mergr database, utilities ranked 40 in number of deals in 2001. The largest utilities acquisition in 2001 was MCN Energy Group - which was acquired by DTE Energy for $4.6B.
Join Mergr to view this profile - and discover more utilities acquisitions of companies like GPU.
Mergr, the Easiest-to-Use PE and M&A DB
- Stay informed on events in your industry
- M&A research that takes seconds (not all afternoon)
- Better understand your customers and prospects
- Discover active buyers (or sellers)
- 3.4K Private Equity Firms
- 119K M&A Transactions
- 129K Companies Involved in M&A
(Buyer, Seller, or Target)
- 2.8K M&A Advisors
(Investment Banks and Law Firms)
- 35K M&A Contacts
(PE and M&A Advisors)
Ready to try?
Join FREE for 1 Week
No obligation. Cancel anytime.