General Signal was acquired by SPX on July 21, 1998.
Join Mergr to view all 53 acquisitions of manufacturing companies in 1998, including 32 acquisitions by private equity firms, and 21 by strategics.
Out of 60 sectors in the Mergr database, manufacturing ranked 4 in number of deals in 1998. The largest manufacturing acquisition in 1998 was General Signal - which was acquired by SPX for $2.3B.
Join Mergr to view this profile - and discover more manufacturing acquisitions of companies like General Signal.
Mergr, the Easiest-to-Use PE and M&A DB
- Stay informed on events in your industry
- M&A research that takes seconds (not all afternoon)
- Better understand your customers and prospects
- Discover active buyers (or sellers)
- 3.3K Private Equity Firms
- 113K M&A Transactions
- 123K Companies Involved in M&A
(Buyer, Seller, or Target)
- 2.7K M&A Advisors
(Investment Banks and Law Firms)
- 37K M&A Contacts
(PE and M&A Advisors)
Ready to try?
Join FREE for 1 Week
No obligation. Cancel anytime.