Egghead was acquired by Amazon.com on December 04, 2001.
Join Mergr to view all 31 acquisitions of retail companies in 2001, including 11 acquisitions by private equity firms, and 20 by strategics.
Out of 60 sectors in the Mergr database, retail ranked 18 in number of deals in 2001. The largest retail acquisition in 2001 was HHGL - which was acquired by Permira for $926M.
Join Mergr to view this profile - and discover more retail acquisitions of companies like Egghead.
Mergr, the Easiest-to-Use PE and M&A DB
- Stay informed on events in your industry
- M&A research that takes seconds (not all afternoon)
- Better understand your customers and prospects
- Discover active buyers (or sellers)
- 3.4K Private Equity Firms
- 120K M&A Transactions
- 129K Companies Involved in M&A
(Buyer, Seller, or Target)
- 2.8K M&A Advisors
(Investment Banks and Law Firms)
- 35K M&A Contacts
(PE and M&A Advisors)
Ready to try?
Join FREE for 1 Week
No obligation. Cancel anytime.